Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My delievery stories!

I've been very bad (clearly) about posting...considering this is my first! This last year has been nothing short of a whirlwind! I went from being a stay at home (pregnant) mom a year ago to being the mother of 2 with a very large age cap as well as working plus being a full time student. Where to even begin!

Leland is now 8 months....WOW! That doesn't even sound right! I actually had to sit here and count (*sniff*). I can't believe he is 8 months already. 8 months ago, Jared and I woke up, I got showered, blew dry my hair, and put on make up! Yes, I was THAT woman. The one who wears make up to deliver a baby! I mean, seriously, who does that??? We were early to arrive, so we went to walmart and walked around. Got to the hospital and admitted at 9 am and my epi was put in place at 11:00 am. My doctor was an hour and a half late. During that time, I was struggling to tolerate the epidural. I'd be fine, and then boom, the nausea would hit me. My BP would bottom out at 78/30 and according to Jared, the nurse would "Shank" me with a large needle in the legs. Clearly the epi was working because I had no idea until after delivery. Then my BP would come up to normal levels for a while, then back down. This cycle continued for an hour and a half. I was wheeled into the OR (on Facebook and texting the whole way...I had to keep Leland's fans up to the minute on information) at 12:45 p.m. (I was absolutely shocked they allowed us to take our phones into the operating room, not to mention actually use them!) Surgery went quickly and without a hitch, and my precious baby boy was born at 1:14 pm on 8/23/11. Jared held him while I kissed his head...I finally was able to hold him in recovery. It was perfect! It was just the two of us (daddy was showing pictures to an anxious grandma)! He nursed immediatly! We stayed in the hospital for 5 days and then brought our sweet boy home! The time has just flown by! He is definitely becoming his own person. He gives "kisses" which involve his entire mouth wide open; slobber and all on my cheek! I LOVE IT! He definitely has the ability to pull the heart strings on a daily basis! He now reaches for anyone who will pick him up, and has started to notice when Jared or I leave the room and will fuss. We are also on the verge of crawling! It is only a matter of time!

Kaylee is so full of life and energy....holy cow the energy.... There are days where I can't handle all the energy! Like Leland, I just can't grasp that it has been 8 years since I first held my baby girl. I remember her birth like it was yesterday. She was a scheduled C-Section because she was breech! (clearly stubborn from the word GO) I had my last "meal" which consisted of a bowl of cereal at 2 in the morning. Headed to the hospital at 8 and got all checked in. My Epi was a breeze. During the C, I got sick and they had to sedate me because I started having panic attacks. Recovery was Chaos. They allowed EVERYONE in that room. My family of 5, my in-laws including a 3 month old baby, aunts uncles, friends...you name it. If they came to see us, they were allowed in the recovery room. Baffeling. Looking back, I wish they hadn't allowed that. The main word I think of during that time is chaos. How sad is that....I slept most of the day after that. Mom stayed with me (her daddy wouldn't stay) But when all was said and done, I had brought this beautiful little red headed baby girl into this world. She was just perfect! It just doesn't seem like almsot 9 years has gone by. She is just growing too fast and has turned into such a sweet and beautiful little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment